+关注 私聊
  • poorlittle

第113楼2010/05/18

Cont. :

Quoted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He's_Just_Not_That_into_You about the film “He's Just Not That into You”:

The book was inspired by an episode of Sex and the City titled "Pick-A-Little, Talk-A-Little," in which Miranda Hobbes asks Carrie Bradshaw's boyfriend, Jack Berger, to analyze the post-date behavior of a potential love interest. Because the man declined Miranda's invitation to come up to her apartment after the date, stating that he has an early meeting, Berger concludes, "He's just not that into you", adding, "When a guy's really into you, he's coming upstairs, meeting or no meeting."

After reading the above introduction of the film, I have another suggested translation 落花有意,流水無情

= = = = = =

故事新编:

8:00 p.m. “LG, 今晚我们……”

9:00 p.m. LG在上网

10:00 p.m. LG在上网, “LG, 早点休息吧!”

11:00 p.m. LG在上网, “LG, 刷牙吧!”

0:00 a.m. LG在上网, “LG, 应该睡觉了!”

1:00 a.m. LG在上网, 一个幽怨的声音“LG, you are just not that into me!”

poorlittle(poorlittle) 发表:喜欢” may be love, but also may be “like”

I therefore prefer “你其实没那么倾心

• 该帖子已被版主-happy王子矜加6积分,加2经验;加分理由:Better later than never
    +关注 私聊
  • mlb2003

第114楼2010/05/18

poorlittle(poorlittle) 发表:故事新编:

8:00 p.m. “LG, 今晚我们……”

9:00 p.m. LG在上网

10:00 p.m. LG在上网, “LG, 早点休息吧!”

11:00 p.m. LG在上网, “LG, 刷牙吧!”

0:00 a.m. LG在上网, “LG, 应该睡觉了!”

1:00 a.m. LG在上网, 一个幽怨的声音“LG, you are just not that into me!”

+关注 私聊
  • happyjyl

第115楼2010/05/18

2010.05.18 职场 0.5h

It’s hard to keep track of everything around here. 在这里事事都要跟上趟真不容易啊。

+关注 私聊
  • happyjyl

第116楼2010/05/20

2010.05.19 China Daily 1h, HBO TV 0.5h

After talking with her, I put my feet down and became determined to help her. 与她交谈之后,我下决心帮助她。“put one's feet down”的意思是“下定决心”。

+关注 私聊
  • happyjyl

第117楼2010/05/20

2010.05.20 CNBC News 0.5h 语速比一般的新闻快。

Sorry, I didn't catch what you said. 对不起,我没听清你的意思。(请对方重复一遍。)

+关注 私聊

第119楼2010/05/21

顶上来,happy明天继续

+关注 私聊
  • happyjyl

第120楼2010/05/21

2010.05.21 CNBC news 0.5h

It's hard to believe you're really retiring. 难以想象你真的要退休了。

+关注 私聊
  • poorlittle

第121楼2010/05/21

网上查到的“put my feet down”绝大部份是解作放下脚。 下定决心的意思似乎不是习语、俗语, 可能(?)借用一首歌的歌词。

从以下资料看, 我将“put my feet down”理解为:克服犹疑(恐惧), 放胆去做(尝试) (近似下定决心”, 但又有些微不同, 可能要知道这首歌的人才能体会)

http://themidnightcafe.blogspot.com/2008/10/just-put-your-feet-down-child.html

When we took her swimming in Lake Superior this summer, I carried her out into the deep water. Then I brought her toward shore & told her she could let go of me now, that the water wasn't over her head. She clung to me in panic, afraid that the water was too deep. I held on to her & said, "Just put your feet down." She put her feet down, and sure enough, the water wasn't much higher then her waist. She looked surprised and said, "Oh, I can touch."

It reminded me of some song lyrics that someone at GCM has posted in their signature by Kate Bush:

He said,"Just put your feet down, child."Just put your feet down child,The water is only waist high.I'll let go of you gently,Then you can swim to me."Is this love big enough to watch over me?Big enough to let go of meWithout hurting me,Like the day I learned to swim?

happyjyl(happyjyl) 发表:2010.05.19 China Daily 1h, HBO TV 0.5h

After talking with her, I put my feet down and became determined to help her. 与她交谈之后,我下决心帮助她。“put one's feet down”的意思是“下定决心”。

+关注 私聊
  • happyjyl

第122楼2010/05/23

最初是在公司的网上英语课程里看到的,跟一堆带有身体器官的短语一起出现在练习题里。当时也上网搜了一下,的确不是很常见,也没有上下文,所以没放上来。但是那天在China Daily上又看到了,看了一下上下文,应该是“下定决心”的意思。明天再把那篇新闻翻出来好好看看。

poorlittle(poorlittle) 发表:网上查到的“put my feet down”绝大部份是解作放下脚。 下定决心的意思似乎不是习语、俗语, 可能(?)借用一首歌的歌词。

从以下资料看, 我将“put my feet down”理解为:克服犹疑(恐惧), 放胆去做(尝试) (近似下定决心”, 但又有些微不同, 可能要知道这首歌的人才能体会)

查看更多