+关注 私聊
  • rock_rock

第11楼2011/05/20

take it easy is better, in general, not because of the meaning. This phrase is used in a more casual way, so it matches with the usage of 淡定

calm down means cooling down from excited status. Calm used as adjective describe an unemotional status. It cannot reflect the actual meaning of 淡定

poised as an adjective may stand for 泰然自若,which is one of the usage of 淡定.However, poised is normally used in a positive and formal way.

It's true that 淡定 has different meanings. Bear in mind that languages are developed from different culture. It's unrealistic to look for word to word translation. The actual situation has to be considered or there'll be jokes.

+关注 私聊
  • rock_rock

第12楼2011/05/20

I don't think '"zheteng" can be as popular as "ungelivable". They don't look like English. Danding pronounced in English way is dfferent from Chinese pinyin, the mood has lost

symmacros(jimzhu) 发表:It may be a way to just use pinying "danding" as translation. One of other examples is "zheteng(折腾)"

+关注 私聊
  • symmacros

第13楼2011/05/20

应助达人

That's make sense. Bear in mind that languages are developed from different culture. It's unrealistic to look for word to word translation. The actual situation has to be considered or there'll be jokes

rock_rock(rock_rock) 发表:take it easy is better, in general, not because of the meaning. This phrase is used in a more casual way, so it matches with the usage of 淡定

calm down means cooling down from excited status. Calm used as adjective describe an unemotional status. It cannot reflect the actual meaning of 淡定

poised as an adjective may stand for 泰然自若,which is one of the usage of 淡定.However, poised is normally used in a positive and formal way.

It's true that 淡定 has different meanings. Bear in mind that languages are developed from different culture. It's unrealistic to look for word to word translation. The actual situation has to be considered or there'll be jokes.

+关注 私聊
  • symmacros

第14楼2011/05/20

应助达人

Using directly Chinese pinying would lose the mood, foreigner may not understand its meaning.

rock_rock(rock_rock) 发表:I don't think '"zheteng" can be as popular as "ungelivable". They don't look like English. Danding pronounced in English way is dfferent from Chinese pinyin, the mood has lost

+关注 私聊
  • poorlittle

第15楼2011/05/20

rock_rock(rock_rock) 发表:take it easy is better, in general, not because of the meaning. This phrase is used in a more casual way, so it matches with the usage of 淡定

+关注 私聊
  • 疯子

第16楼2011/05/20

Use English can be so chessboards ,I admire you

+关注 私聊
  • atlas

第17楼2011/05/20

unemotional or emotionless

+关注 私聊
  • abcdefghijkl123

第18楼2011/05/20

take it easy or calm down~

+关注 私聊
  • symmacros

第19楼2011/05/20

应助达人

Using English as a chessboard may be a good metaphor. English expressions are so complex,so do Chinese expressions.

疯子(3866625) 发表:Use English can be so chessboards ,I admire you

+关注 私聊
  • 小M

第20楼2011/05/21

应助达人

take it easy, calm down. I can only think out these two words!

查看更多