第12楼2007/03/13

happyjyl好强!
    可惜我对翻译实在没有多大兴趣。每次帮人家翻译东西都是不得已而为之!

+关注 私聊
  • happyjyl

第13楼2007/03/13

呵呵,谢谢楼上两位支持。继续发:

1、考虑实际需要
    该类制剂主要是考虑方便部分人群用药,如老人、儿童、吞咽困难或特殊环境下的病人用药。因此,应从药物的性质、临床治疗需要、与已有制剂利弊的权衡、市场开发前景等各个方面综合考虑,对于该类制剂,特别需要考虑患者是否存在实际需要及成本问题,以能为患者解决和提供实际的需要作为产品开发的出发点。

1. Clinical needs
    The overriding consideration is the convenience for specific population, such as children, the elderly, those who have difficulties in swallowing or patients in special situation. Drug property, clinical needs, advantages and disadvantages over current preparations, market prospect and so on, especially the needs of patients and the cost should be considered in a comprehensive way. Clinical needs shall be the focus of the research of ODTs.

主要考虑因素:除了overriding consideration,还可以用main consideration 和chief consideration.

部分人群:这里的部分人群实际上是指特殊人群,所以翻译成specific population更合适。 所以中翻英时一定要仔细辨别每个词的意思,不能简单地直译。本来我用的是special,根据poorlittle的建议改成specific.感觉上是specif好一些,道理说不出.呵呵.

权衡与某样东西的利弊: 不要用compare the advantages and disadvantages这样的中式英语,而要用advantages and disadvantages over sth.

综合考虑:consider in a comprehensive way

出发点:focus.本来我用的是starting point.当时自己也觉得挺别扭,但网上也有这样的用法,所以就这么用了.后来poorlittle提醒说英文里没有"出发点"这个词,它对应的意思应该和purpose差不多,所以我就改成purpose了.后来我又想了想,觉得翻译成focus更好.呵呵,我老跟人家说不要用Chinglish,可还是经常不留神就用了.不在国外生活真的很容易犯这种毛病啊.

另外中国人习惯说should,而老外很少用should,在表示“应该”时一般用must和shall。

+关注 私聊
  • 夜市

第14楼2007/03/13

实践经验的总结!超强!
    英语学的好就是牛。

+关注 私聊
  • 何当奇

第15楼2007/03/13

可惜我只会翻译。
    明显不是当老师的料

+关注 私聊
  • changxin523

第16楼2007/03/13

厉害,通过你的文章学到了不少经验!

+关注 私聊
  • skysnow520

第17楼2007/03/13

学习一下别人的经验不错.

+关注 私聊
  • linping0988

第18楼2007/03/13

感觉受益匪浅...

+关注 私聊
  • henry_wei

第19楼2007/03/13

呵呵~~~ 好东西

+关注 私聊
  • poorlittle

第20楼2007/03/13

(Floor 13 is referred)

Translating an article is very difficult for me, but making comment on the other’s translation is easy. Anyway, I hope happyjyl would not mind for my following suggested alternatives:

overriding consideration : dominant consideration, major consideration, primary consideration

special population : specific population (or specific group of population)

children : infant (if related to 吞咽困难)

current preparations : existing products

special situation : special condition (I am not sure, but 危殆is critical condition)

actual needs : needs. (substantial, essential, virtual needs). I have a feeling that sometimes, the Chinese words 实际需要 just mean需要. Adding实际 is to form a 4-character phase to balance 成本问题. There are some redundant words in the original, such as 考虑 in the heading 考虑实际需要.

Does the Chinese term 出发点 mean purpose?

I tried to translate the first sentence as follows:
    The major consideration in developing this type of medicine is the convenience for a specific group of population, such as the infant, the elderly, and the patients who have difficulty in swallowing or under special condition.
    (I am not sure whether the usage of “a” and “the” in this translation is correct, I am very poor in using article)

I have spent nearly 2 hours in this single paragraph and I now realize what a great job happyjyl has done.

查看更多