+关注 私聊
  • happyjyl

第54楼2007/06/14

'macro' means 'big' while 'micro' means 'very small'. Think about "宏" in 'microsoft Word' (微软公司的Word文档里有一种功能叫做“宏”,它的英文就是Macro

xcy721626 发表:I had a chat with a foreigner at one time ,I couldn't identify the word "macrostructure" and "microstructure",so i gave a wrong answer to his question,that made me very sorry.
    After all,how do i classify the two words ?

+关注 私聊
  • happyjyl

第55楼2007/06/14

You should say 'look forward to doing' rather than 'look forward to do'. Don't be shy. Come here and many people will help you practice your English.

The twelve animals means '十二生肖'. And there are the animals of the 12 two-hour periods (十二辰兽),too.

xcy721626 发表:I'm looking forward to improve my English in listening and oral practise.

+关注 私聊
  • 南郭先生

第56楼2007/06/15

Thank happyjyl for pointing out my errors.
    I mean the words microstructure and macrostructure have the samiliar tone when they are spoken.so I don't know how to identify them in listening.

+关注 私聊
  • 闲鹤野云

第57楼2007/06/16

microstructure and macrostructure:These two words sound really very close. microstructure is a bit short and light, but macrostructure is a bit long and strong when you pronounce the "ai" . You need also to consider the context. microstructure is maily used in biotechnology such as in cell structure; macrostructure is mainly used in economy and political issues.

xcy721626 发表:Thank happyjyl for pointing out my errors.
    I mean the words microstructure and macrostructure have the samiliar tone when they are spoken.so I don't know how to identify them in listening.

+关注 私聊
  • 闲鹤野云

第58楼2007/06/16

I did not use English for many years,but I started to study English again from last year, because I expected to get a good job with higher salary and better warefare.I'm looking forward to improving my English in both listening and speaking.
    I had a chat with a foreigner one time, however, I couldn't identify whether he ment the word "macrostructure" or "microstructure". Therefor, I gave a wrong answer to his question,that made me very sorry.
    After all,how do I differentiate these two words ?[/

xcy721626 发表:Dose"animal"mean 属相?
    I have seldom used English for many years,but I restarted to study it from last year for i expected to search for a good job with higher salary and better warefare.I'm looking forward to improve my English in listening and oral practise.
    I had a chat with a foreigner at one time ,I couldn't identify the word "macrostructure" and "microstructure",so i gave a wrong answer to his question,that made me very sorry.
    After all,how do i classify the two words ?

+关注 私聊
  • biobook

第59楼2007/06/16

关于sci论文发表的资料,希望对大家有用
    sci
    This is a data base for Journals cited by SCI.

+关注 私聊
  • 闲鹤野云

第60楼2007/06/16

我想这也是一个不错的建议。This is also a great suggestion.

How about we start from an American Idiom: out of sight, out of mind.
    大家看如何翻译:
    有人翻译为:眼不见、心不想;眼不见,心不烦 ;就是不在视线之内也就不在思想;眼不见为净;不见就忘;“盲痴” (‘the blind idiot’);似'人不在了, 也没有任何权力可言了', '人走势微'吧(实在想不出汉语里很匹配的谚语), 也含'人走茶凉'之意 ;久违情疏;离开某人的视线,离开某人的思想),是指你不必对跟你没有意思的事情烦恼或担心;
    “人走茶凉”或者“眼不见心不烦”什么的,我都不喜欢,我喜欢浪漫点的翻译“离久情疏”。
    out
    of sight, out of mind" into another language and back to English. The idiom comes back
    as "the invisible idiot;“盲痴” (‘the blind idiot’);
    http://www.sciencetimes.com.cn/blog/user_content.aspx?id=3213
    http://ks.cn.yahoo.com/question/?qid=1406111000956&source=ysearch_ks_question_xg

wfssn2002 发表:建议每天或定期弄一个主题来讨论,不然不知道说什么

+关注 私聊
  • 闲鹤野云

第61楼2007/06/17

Out of sight, out of mind:
    能否翻译为不见不思或不想

ruojun 发表:我想这也是一个不错的建议。This is also a great suggestion.

+关注 私聊
  • 闲鹤野云

第62楼2007/06/17

Happy:

I will be on travel from tomorrow until late June on a Canadian Dairy Seminar that will cover Heilongjiang, Nanjiang and Shijiazhuang. I will try my best during this period to find time to visit our forum.

Best regards

ruojun

+关注 私聊
  • 闲鹤野云

第65楼2007/06/19

This will be the last post in this topic. Many thanks for the participation by friends. There are maybe many mistakes in spelling and grammar. Anyway, we are progressing in learning mistakes.