+关注 私聊
  • 何当奇

第21楼2007/01/04

呵呵,那里老了,年轻得很。
    不过这个文章比较长,可以一段一段得来

piery2006 发表:唉!好想把它完成呀,可是总感觉到力不从心,是不是自已老了?

+关注 私聊
  • shewei1979

第22楼2007/01/12

黑夜给了我黑色的眼睛,我注定要用它来寻找光明。
    好像是一位哲人说的。不是用来形容狼的吧?
    狼怕光,它找光干什么啊!

+关注 私聊
  • 何当奇

第23楼2007/01/12

为什么都对闲话感兴趣,却没有人来翻译??

+关注 私聊
  • tinwai

第24楼2007/01/17

试着翻了两段短的,我没有练过翻译,多指教。

In those days we had never heard of passing up a chance to kill a wolf. In a second we were pumping lead into the pack, but with more excitement than accuracy: how to aim a steep downhill shot is always confusing. When our rifles were empty, the old wolf was down, and a pup was dragging a leg into impassable slide-rocks.

那个时候,从没听说有谁会错过打死一只狼的机会。我们立即装弹上膛,但是更多的是兴奋,并没有多少准星:大角度俯射如何瞄准,一直是个让人迷惑的问题。枪膛空了,母狼倒下了,小狼崽儿拖着一只后腿逃向绝壁。

We reached the old wolf in time to watch a fierce green fire dying in her eyes. I realized then, and have known ever since, that there was something new to me in those eyes - something known only to her and to the mountain. I was young then, and full of trigger-itch; I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view.

我们赶到老狼身边,望着她眼中一道锐利的蓝光渐渐熄灭。在那一瞬间,也是从那时起,我开始知道,那双眼中有着某种对我来说全新的东西,只有她自己和大山才知道的东西。我那时还年轻,充满了扣动扳机的冲动,我那时以为狼少意味着鹿多,那么或许,没有狼就意味着猎人的天堂。但是自从看到那蓝光熄灭,我知道,狼和大山都不会同意这样的看法。

+关注 私聊
  • 何当奇

第25楼2007/01/17

你翻译的很棒,请继续,如果能全部翻译完的话,我今天就把积分送给你。加油啊

tinwai 发表:试着翻了两段短的,我没有练过翻译,多指教。

In those days we had never heard of passing up a chance to kill a wolf. In a second we were pumping lead into the pack, but with more excitement than accuracy: how to aim a steep downhill shot is always confusing. When our rifles were empty, the old wolf was down, and a pup was dragging a leg into impassable slide-rocks.

那个时候,从没听说有谁会错过打死一只狼的机会。我们立即装弹上膛,但是更多的是兴奋,并没有多少准星:大角度俯射如何瞄准,一直是个让人迷惑的问题。枪膛空了,母狼倒下了,小狼崽儿拖着一只后腿逃向绝壁。

We reached the old wolf in time to watch a fierce green fire dying in her eyes. I realized then, and have known ever since, that there was something new to me in those eyes - something known only to her and to the mountain. I was young then, and full of trigger-itch; I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view.

我们赶到老狼身边,望着她眼中一道锐利的蓝光渐渐熄灭。在那一瞬间,也是从那时起,我开始知道,那双眼中有着某种对我来说全新的东西,只有她自己和大山才知道的东西。我那时还年轻,充满了扣动扳机的冲动,我那时以为狼少意味着鹿多,那么或许,没有狼就意味着猎人的天堂。但是自从看到那蓝光熄灭,我知道,狼和大山都不会同意这样的看法。

+关注 私聊
  • tinwai

第26楼2007/01/18

其它几段感觉都挺难的,有很多词句理解的不知道是不是准确,大家讨论一下吧

Those unable to decipher the hidden meaning know nevertheless that it is there, for it is felt in all wolf country, and distinguishes that country from all other land. It tingles in the spine of all who hear wolves by night, or who scan their tracks by day. Even without sight or sound of wolf, it is implicit in a hundred small events: the midnight whinny of a pack horse, the rattle of rolling rocks, the bound of a fleeing deer, the way shadows lie under the spruces. Only the ineducable tyro can fail to sense the presence or absence of wolves, or the fact that mountains have a secret opinion about them.

即使不能参透这叫声背后的含义,也知道那确实意味着某种东西,这种东西能够在狼的整个领地上被感受到,它把狼的领地和其他地方区分开来。夜里听到狼的叫声或者白天搜索狼的踪迹的人,都被它刺痛脊骨。即使没有看见狼影,也没有听到狼叫,它也从无数小事中暗暗显露:午夜马嘶,碎石飞滚,野鹿跳跃奔逃,云杉下影子的形状。只有最不堪造就的新手,才感觉不到狼的存在与否,才不晓得大山对狼有着隐秘的看法。

(It指的是什么 country怎么译 the way shadows lie...怎么翻译)

My own conviction on this score dates from the day I saw a wolf die. We were eating lunch on a high rimrock, at the foot of which a turbulent river elbowed its way. We saw what we thought was a doe fording the torrent, her breast awash in white water. When she climbed the bank toward us and shook out her tail, we realized our error: it was a wolf. A half-dozen others, evidently grown pups, sprang from the willows and all joined in a welcoming melee of wagging tails and playful maulings. What was literally a pile of wolves writhed and tumbled in the center of an open flat at the foot of our rimrock.

我对这一点的确信,是从我看着一只狼死去的那一天开始的。那时,我们正在高高的崖顶吃午饭,山脚下一条河隆隆流过。我们看到一只母鹿涉过急流,乳房在水中若浮若沉。当她爬上我们这一侧的河岸,摇起她的尾巴,我们才意识到我们的错误:那是一只狼。还有五六只,显然是长大了的狼崽子,从柳树上跳下来,加入到由摇尾巴和扭打游戏构成的欢迎战。真真切切,一群狼就在这崖顶下方的开阔地中摔跤,打滚。

(Score是什么意思 grown 就是成年的,为什么下面隔一段又说a pup, 前面是五六只,后面为什么只提到一只?)

Since then I have lived to see state after state extirpate its wolves. I have watched the face of many a newly wolfless mountain, and seen the south-facing slopes wrinkle with a maze of new deer trails. I have seen every edible bush and seedling browsed, first to anaemic desuetude, and then to death. I have seen every edible tree defoliated to the height of a saddlehorn. Such a mountain looks as if someone had given God a new pruning shears, and forbidden Him all other exercise. In the end the starved bones of the hoped-for deer herd, dead of its own too-much, bleach with the bones of the dead sage, or molder under the high-lined junipers.

从那时起,我看着一个又一个州灭绝了狼,我看着一座又一座山成了新的无狼山,我看着纷乱的鹿蹄印儿给朝阳的山坡新添了片片褶皱,我看着一株株灌木和树苗被啃得枯萎,啃到死去,我看着一棵棵可以吃的树,从地面到马鞍那么高之间的叶子全被吃光。这样的山看上去,像是有人给了上帝一把新剃刀,除了修剪,不让他干别的。最后,由于自身的数量过多,野鹿在对食物的渴求中成群死去,它们或者同艾灌的残梗一起化为白骨,或者在松柏高耸的树冠下渐渐腐烂。

(anaemic desuetude是什么意思,defoliated to the height of a saddlehorn是什么意思, the dead sage指的是什么, high-lined是什么意思)

• 该帖子已被管理者-设置为精华,下面是奖励记录:加20积分,加20声望
    +关注 私聊
  • guoqmin

第27楼2007/01/21

厉害,都是高手哎

+关注 私聊
  • 端慎木渐

第28楼2007/01/22

一个低沉骄傲的嚎声在一座座山崖之间回荡,从山峦滑落,渐渐融入在夜色之中。这是喷发而出的野性和藐视着世上所有不幸的哀嚎。所有活着的(或许到不如说是一个又一个死去的)会留意那种哀嚎。对于鹿来说,那是对肉食动物到来的一个提醒;对于树木来说,那是即将午夜发生在雪地上的一场战斗与鲜血;对于山狗来说,那是承诺过的一个情报的到来;对于牧场主人来说,那是即将发生银行赤字的一个恐吓;对于猎人来说,那是犬牙对于子弹的一次较量。然而在这些显然并直接的希望和恐惧之下还有一个意味深长的含义,只有大山自己才能懂得。只有大山如此长久的存在才足以听懂狼的哀嚎。

翻译的真不错!都不敢接了啊!赶紧抓紧学习去!

tinwai 发表:其它几段感觉都挺难的,有很多词句理解的不知道是不是准确,大家讨论一下吧

即使不能参透这叫声背后的含义,也知道那确实意味着某种东西,这种东西能够在狼的整个领地上被感受到,它把狼的领地和其他地方区分开来。夜里听到狼的叫声或者白天搜索狼的踪迹的人,都被它刺痛脊骨。即使没有看见狼影,也没有听到狼叫,它也从无数小事中暗暗显露:午夜马嘶,碎石飞滚,野鹿跳跃奔逃,云杉下影子的形状。只有最不堪造就的新手,才感觉不到狼的存在与否,才不晓得大山对狼有着隐秘的看法。

我对这一点的确信,是从我看着一只狼死去的那一天开始的。那时,我们正在高高的崖顶吃午饭,山脚下一条河隆隆流过。我们看到一只母鹿涉过急流,乳房在水中若浮若沉。当她爬上我们这一侧的河岸,摇起她的尾巴,我们才意识到我们的错误:那是一只狼。还有五六只,显然是长大了的狼崽子,从柳树上跳下来,加入到由摇尾巴和扭打游戏构成的欢迎战。真真切切,一群狼就在这崖顶下方的开阔地中摔跤,打滚。

从那时起,我看着一个又一个州灭绝了狼,我看着一座又一座山成了新的无狼山,我看着纷乱的鹿蹄印儿给朝阳的山坡新添了片片褶皱,我看着一株株灌木和树苗被啃得枯萎,啃到死去,我看着一棵棵可以吃的树,从地面到马鞍那么高之间的叶子全被吃光。这样的山看上去,像是有人给了上帝一把新剃刀,除了修剪,不让他干别的。最后,由于自身的数量过多,野鹿在对食物的渴求中成群死去,它们或者同艾灌的残梗一起化为白骨,或者在松柏高耸的树冠下渐渐腐烂。

+关注 私聊
  • liaolimin2007

第29楼2007/01/25

翻译其实不难,但要看很多书!

+关注 私聊
  • love7099

第30楼2007/01/31

还准备翻译一点,一看大家热情都这么高,都翻译完了。

查看更多