仪器信息网APP
选仪器、听讲座、看资讯

【讨论】use dehp in laboratory(sign 21 June)

专业英语

• Do you use dehp in laboratory? I always use it.
  • 该帖子已被版主-影子加10积分,加2经验;加分理由:first s
    +关注 私聊
  • yuduoling

第2楼2011/06/21

I also always use it

+关注 私聊
  • 金水楼台先得月

第3楼2011/06/21

who can explain"dehp"

+关注 私聊
  • patriciaxie

第4楼2011/06/21

Bis (2-ethyl hexyl) phthalate, CAS No. is 117-81-7.
    Risk phrase:60-61-39/23/24/25-23/24/25-11

金水楼台先得月(albert800922) 发表:who can explain"dehp"

+关注 私聊
  • symmacros

第5楼2011/06/21

应助达人

DEHP is used as a standard in our lab. I apply GCMS to test DEHP in food.

+关注 私聊
  • 小M

第6楼2011/06/21

应助达人

I don't understand dehp, nor do I use it.

+关注 私聊
  • symmacros

第7楼2011/06/21

应助达人

Toxic chemical:DEHP

Bis(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate, commonly abbreviated DEHP, is an organic compound with the formula C6H4(C8H17COO)2. It is sometimes called dioctyl phthalate and abbreviated DOP. It is the most important "phthalate," being the diester of phthalic acid and the branched-chain 2-ethylhexanol. This colourless viscous liquid is soluble in oil, but not in water. It possesses good plasticizing properties. Being produced on a massive scale by many companies, it has acquired many names and acronyms, including BEHP and di-2-ethyl hexyl phthalate.

The US EPA limits for DEHP in drinking water is 6 ppb. The U.S. agency OSHA's limit for occupational exposure is 5 mg/m3 of air.

Effects on living organisms

Smaller penis size and other feminizing links

DEHP metabolites measured from the blood of pregnant women have been significantly associated with the decreased penis width, shorter anogenital distance, and the incomplete descent of testes of their newborn sons, replicating effects identified in animals. Approximately 25% of US women have phthalate levels similar to those in the study.

Obesity

A study on CDC data published in Environmental Health Perspectives (EHP), revealed that American men with abdominal obesity or insulin resistance (a precursor to diabetes) were more likely to have high levels of DEHP and DBP metabolites in their urine than men without those problems.

Toxicity

The acute toxicity of DEHP is 30g/kg in rats (oral) and 24g/kg in rabbits (dermal). Concerns instead focus on its potential as an endocrine disruptor. Some countries have banned DEHP from toys; see phthalate for legal status.

Cardiotoxicity

A clinically relevant dose and duration of exposure to DEHP has been shown to have a significant impact on the behavior of cardiac cells in culture. This includes an uncoupling effect that leads to irregular rhythms in vitro. This is observed in conjunction with a significant decrease in the amount of gap junctional connexin proteins in cardiomyocytes treated with DEHP.

小M(mitchell_dyzy) 发表:I don't understand dehp, nor do I use it.

猜你喜欢最新推荐热门推荐更多推荐
举报帖子

执行举报

点赞用户
好友列表
加载中...
正在为您切换请稍后...