• 总讨论英译汉,大家来尝试一下汉译英吧,看谁能翻译的信→达→雅!

余光中先生很有名的一首诗——《乡愁》

小时候,乡愁是一枚小小的邮票,我在这头,母亲在那头。
    长大后,乡愁是一张窄窄的船票,我在这头,新娘在那头。
    后来啊!乡愁是一方矮矮的坟墓,我在外头,母亲在里头。
    而现在,乡愁是一湾浅浅的海峡,我在这头,大陆在那头。

大家也可以单独翻译某一句,最后凑成完成的译文。

一抹冰蓝 2006/10/25

转帖两译版: 版一 When I was a child, my homesickness was a small stamp    Linking Mum at the other end and me this. When grown up, I remained homesick, but it became a ticket    By which I sailed to and from my bride at the other end.    Then homesickness took the shape of a grave,    Mum inside of it and me outside.    Now I’m still homesick, but it is a narrow strait    Separating me on this side and the mainland on the other. 版二 Homesick For youth, Homesick was a tiny Mail Stamp, I was on one corner, Mother’s on the other; As grown-up, Homesick became a narrow Ship Ticket, I was on one end, My new-wed on the other; Later, oh, later, Homesick was a short Tomb Stone, I stood in the front, Mom’s buried behind; Now-a-day, Homesick becomes a shallow Ocean Strait, I am on one side, Mainland home is on the other.

chris 2006/10/19

[quote]原文由 [B]weiz[/B] 发表: 总讨论英译汉,大家来尝试一下汉译英吧,看谁能翻译的信→达→雅! 余光中先生很有名的一首诗——《乡愁》 小时候,乡愁是一枚小小的邮票,我在这头,母亲在那头。 when i was a child, homesickness was a small stamp, i was at one end and mother was at the other one. 长大后,乡愁是一张窄窄的船票,我在这头,新娘在那头。 when i grew up, homesickness was a narrow ticket, i was here,and my bride was there. 后来啊!乡愁是一方矮矮的坟墓,我在外头,母亲在里头。 from then on, homesickness changed into a low tomb, i was outside, and mother was inside. 而现在,乡愁是一湾浅浅的海峡,我在这头,大陆在那头。 and now, homesickness is a shallow strait, i stand here, my homeland is on the other side. 大家也可以单独翻译某一句,最后凑成完成的译文。[/quote]

现在开始学GC 2006/10/20

[quote]原文由 [B]quanbaogang[/B] 发表: 这么文雅的事情我可做不来,还是各位版主妹妹厉害 你们都是化学专业英语毕业的吗,怎么这么强[/quote] 呵呵,我是化学专业毕业的

+关注 私聊
  • 一抹冰蓝

第1楼2006/10/19

Nostalgia

When I was young,homesickness was a lilltle stamp, I'm here and my mother is there.
    When I grew up, homesikness was a narrow steamer ticket, I'm here, my bride is there.
    Later, homesickness was a low tomb, I stood outside ,and my mother lied inside.
    And now, homesickness is a shallow strait, I land here, and my mainland is on the other side.

前两句,没有译出意境,先留在这里,我google了别人更好的译文先不转载。
    相对而言,后两句,译得略好一丁点,就当破砖先扔这了。

+关注 私聊
  • chris

第2楼2006/10/19

weiz 发表:总讨论英译汉,大家来尝试一下汉译英吧,看谁能翻译的信→达→雅!

余光中先生很有名的一首诗——《乡愁》

when i was a child, homesickness was a small stamp, i was at one end and mother was at the other one.
    when i grew up, homesickness was a narrow ticket, i was here,and my bride was there.
    from then on, homesickness changed into a low tomb, i was outside, and mother was inside.
    and now, homesickness is a shallow strait, i stand here, my homeland is on the other side.

大家也可以单独翻译某一句,最后凑成完成的译文。

+关注 私聊
  • weiz

第3楼2006/10/19

二位翻译的都很好,做到了信和达,但似乎离雅还有些距离。原作四句的句式相同,中文读起来琅琅上口,但翻译成英文四句的句型一样,似乎显得有些单调,而且既然是诗,翻译成英文虽不见得要压韵,但也应该抑扬顿挫。

以上纯属个人看法,过几天贴参考译文。

+关注 私聊
  • 现在开始学GC

第4楼2006/10/20

我的拙见,“大陆”还是翻译成“my motherland”比较贴切

wrliao 发表: Nostalgia

When I was young,homesickness was a lilltle stamp, I'm here and my mother is there.
    When I grew up, homesikness was a narrow steamer ticket, I'm here, my bride is there.
    Later, homesickness was a low tomb, I stood outside ,and my mother lied inside.
    And now, homesickness is a shallow strait, I land here, and my mainland is on the other side.

前两句,没有译出意境,先留在这里,我google了别人更好的译文先不转载。
    相对而言,后两句,译得略好一丁点,就当破砖先扔这了。

+关注 私聊
  • 一抹冰蓝

第5楼2006/10/20

emma217 发表:我的拙见,“大陆”还是翻译成“my motherland”比较贴切

+关注 私聊
  • 六脉神剑

第6楼2006/10/20

这么文雅的事情我可做不来,还是各位版主妹妹厉害
    你们都是化学专业英语毕业的吗,怎么这么强

+关注 私聊