那比如说CH4吸附在金属Cu上面属于什么过程?
    物理还是化学?
    我还是今天第一次看见absorb这个单词

+关注 私聊
  • 何当奇

第3楼2008/10/09

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2004-02/1077064138.Ch.r.html

里面解释的挺清楚的
    Re: What is the difference between adsorb and absorb?
    Date: Tue Feb 17 08:25:57 2004
    Posted By: John Christie, Faculty, Dept. of Chemistry,
    Area of science: Chemistry
    ID: 1076303078.Ch
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This question is familiar and important to me because I have taught surface chemistry to second year
    University students for many years, and I am always needing to stress the difference so that they get
    the terms right. In terms of Latin origins of prefixes, my dictionary tells me that ab- means "from"
    while ad- means "to". That is where the two different words come from, but it does not help explain
    the differences in the meaning that scientists attach to the words.

"Absorb" refers to a situation where something is taken into a medium, and disappears as a
    consequence (from?). "Adsorb" refers to a situation where something gets stuck onto (to?)
    the surface of a medium.

We would use "absorb" for when light is absorbed by a coloured or opaque object, or for when water is
    soaked into a sponge, or even for when my students manage to "take in" some of what I am telling
    them. It is an ordinary English word.

"Adsorb" is used for a very specific situation where molecules get stuck onto a surface. It does not
    occur as a word in ordinary language, outside its scientific meaning. Adsorption is very important,
    because many chemical reactions can go a lot faster when the reacting molecules are adsorbed at a
    surface (reactions of hydrogen gas on the surface of nickel, for example), or chemical reactions can be
    prevented by the presence of a barricading adsorbed layer on the surface (aluminium failing to react
    with air, for example), or impurities can be removed from a solution by adsorbing them onto a finely
    divided solid (activated charcoal for decolorizing solutions, or for medicinal use, for example).

+关注 私聊
  • 何当奇

第4楼2008/10/09

如你本身所说,为吸附,因此是adsorb.
    我的感觉是两个都应该是物理过程。

feixiong5134 发表:谢谢
    那比如说CH4吸附在金属Cu上面属于什么过程?
    物理还是化学?
    我还是今天第一次看见absorb这个单词

+关注 私聊
  • atlas

第5楼2008/10/09

解释非常清楚!

redanqi 发表:http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2004-02/1077064138.Ch.r.html

里面解释的挺清楚的
    Re: What is the difference between adsorb and absorb?
    Date: Tue Feb 17 08:25:57 2004
    Posted By: John Christie, Faculty, Dept. of Chemistry,
    Area of science: Chemistry
    ID: 1076303078.Ch
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This question is familiar and important to me because I have taught surface chemistry to second year
    University students for many years, and I am always needing to stress the difference so that they get
    the terms right. In terms of Latin origins of prefixes, my dictionary tells me that ab- means "from"
    while ad- means "to". That is where the two different words come from, but it does not help explain
    the differences in the meaning that scientists attach to the words.

"Absorb" refers to a situation where something is taken into a medium, and disappears as a
    consequence (from?). "Adsorb" refers to a situation where something gets stuck onto (to?)
    the surface of a medium.

We would use "absorb" for when light is absorbed by a coloured or opaque object, or for when water is
    soaked into a sponge, or even for when my students manage to "take in" some of what I am telling
    them. It is an ordinary English word.

"Adsorb" is used for a very specific situation where molecules get stuck onto a surface. It does not
    occur as a word in ordinary language, outside its scientific meaning. Adsorption is very important,
    because many chemical reactions can go a lot faster when the reacting molecules are adsorbed at a
    surface (reactions of hydrogen gas on the surface of nickel, for example), or chemical reactions can be
    prevented by the presence of a barricading adsorbed layer on the surface (aluminium failing to react
    with air, for example), or impurities can be removed from a solution by adsorbing them onto a finely
    divided solid (activated charcoal for decolorizing solutions, or for medicinal use, for example).

+关注 私聊
  • 高卧东山

第6楼2008/10/09

吸附和吸收这两个概念一直是众说纷纭的,但是在金属表面的吸附经常归为物理过程

feixiong5134 发表:谢谢
    那比如说CH4吸附在金属Cu上面属于什么过程?
    物理还是化学?
    我还是今天第一次看见absorb这个单词

+关注 私聊
  • laurelhuang

第7楼2008/10/10

又学习到新东西了!